30 April, 2007

Finally, a moment to blog

Things have been so busy lately. Having a little baby at home really limits how much I am able to do in my time home. Especially since I jump at any chance to take care of her since I am away from her so much when I am working.

So the first week at work was good but it got much worse after that. During my second week at work, the census at work was down and there was more time to think about home than usual. I ached in my heart to be away from Hester. I counted the moments to the end of my shift. I stared at pictures of Hester. I tried not to cry. Since that week, each week seems a little bit better. But even now, as I think about being at work all day and into the night tomorrow, I feel the tears rise.

Work is picking up and some new children have arrived that look to be interesting and challenging to work with. That is good for I will have less time to think about where I wish I was.

3 comments:

LymeAware said...

I can't decide whether to be glad that things are feeling a bit better at work, or sad that there is still such a pull in you btw home and work. I feel both I think. I suppose there are positives about work, even as you are wishing you were at home. That is one of my fears for the future- to not be able to be where I want to be when I'm a parent. Do you still enjoy work? Or is it just something to get through so you can be with your loved ones again? *thinking of you*

Hashbrown said...

Hey Abigail. I was going to reply to you here but then decided to make it a full post. I will answer your questions soon.

LymeAware said...

Thanks for the reply Hashbrown- that's cool, I look forward to reading- as always :)