30 July, 2008

Torchwood

I have started watching Torchwood, a sci-fi show from the BBC. It is awesome as it has aliens, interesting plots, compelling characters, and everyone is a bit gay. Oh, they all seem to be kissing or having sex too.

Some of the aliens are well done with special effects like this gaseous alien that has lots of sex. Funny, when I am gaseous, sex is the last thing I want to do.
This one was pretty cool too. Great special effects. When in human form, she was wicked gay!
This one, well, it was just silly. As she chased the Torchwood cast around their secret lair, she made these big booming steps, being she is part metal, I guess. It was nothing but cheese.
This one was the worst. It was a cool premise but when it was awakened and moving around, it looked like a big sock puppet being moved around by a talented toddler with the characters superimposed in front of it looking scared they were going to be smashed.
Oh well, crazy aliens have never stopped me before. I was a faithful Dr. Who fan and once they had a monster that was pretty much a man under a blanket flailing about. But I kept watching. I also loved and could recite many of the old Star Trek episodes with my brother. They had some doozies of aliens too. Remember the positive and negative sides of the same man who would fight and the camera would go all black and white and reverse black and white? Good times.

7 comments:

Shirky said...

and, they are welsh, with welsh accents, which is funny

season 3 coming in 2009. but only 5 episodes long.

Clementine said...

Also! I'm glad you and Shirky have each other's backs on the sci fi stuff. Now I'm off to watch some 30 Rock online....

Clementine said...

Also! I'm glad you and Shirky have each other's backs on the sci fi stuff. Now I'm off to watch some 30 Rock online....

Jenn said...

I don't think I can do it... I love a lot of sci fi stuff but I never liked Dr. Who and this sounds to wacked out for me.

I heart Battlestar Galactica, The 4400 (which they took off the air!!), Star Trek in all varieties except Deep Space Nine, etc. Oh, and Firefly.

Anyway, glad you enjoy it though!

Shirky said...

if you like firefly....i think you might like this...captain jack even wears suspenders a la captain reynolds. It definitely has an 'inspired by joss whedon' vibe.

Hashbrown said...

So what is firefly and is it on DVD?

Jenn said...

OH MY GOODNESS. First of all, I'm sure it's on DVD. It's super crazy is what it is - it's like the wild west in space basically. Excellent.

There was a movie too, called Serenity, which came out after the show sadly was cancelled.

I'm pretty sure you would enjoy it Hashbrown. Here is a tidbits to tempt you: whorehouse in outer space. That is all.

Shirky, maybe I will give Torchwood a chance. If so, I will report on the results.