20 May, 2008

Writing

Hi there blog friends.
I just want to say that I am so happy that I am finally writing a manuscript for a journal article. I wanted to write this for three or so years but have not had the a) time, b) energy, c) guts to do it. But I decided it was time to, as my dad says, "Shit or get off the pot." I have one hour of unstructured free time at work each week and I have been using that time to get this done. I think the first draft will be complete in 2-3 weeks! I am thrilled.

**Update**
I actually had some more time this week and finished all of the first draft but the conclusion and the abstract. Next, I have to go through and make sure everything is cited, have my co-author read it, and start the endless seeming revisions. But the biggest hurdle of finding the first set of words to convey my ideas is over.

3 comments:

Canada said...

Yay!! That's awesome, Hashbrown. You'll have to know me when and where it gets published - you know I love your articles :)

LymeAware said...

That's awesome Hashbrown! Congratulations! I admire all the work you do for the field and you obviously have a lot of love for it, even when it's hard...and I know it must be hard sometimes.

Can't wait to read it! *waiting in anticipation* What's it on?

Hashbrown said...

Thanks Ladies! It is always great to have the support of fellow Mts. Abigail, I would love to tell you but would like to remain a bit anonymous on the blog so email me at haughtyhausfrau@yahoo.com