28 September, 2006

bruise, pickle, dream, and asshat

This Meme is for you, AJWP!

Bruise
I have a silly tuperware thing that is shaped like an apple for apples to keep them from bruising. I bought it from a friend at work to support her child's school. You know those sheets your coworkers bring in and you feel all pressured to sign up for something because everyone else is signing up. Then you look at it and look for the thing that you could buy for that isn't very expensive but isn't the cheapest thing on the sheet because you don't want to look like a cheap-skate. So I bought 2 fruit containers, one that looks like grapes and is purple, and one that looks like an apple and is red. When I got it, I thought, this is going to be a piece of crap, but it wasn't. It actually works great keeping fruit from getting bruised in my bag. Who knew?

Pickle
I recently, like within the past month, tried a sweet gherkin pickle. I have never liked sweet pickles. Even when I buy relish, I get dill relish. But something happened to me. After five years of the same meals over and over at work, I cracked and decided to try the sweet gherkins instead of the dill pickles with my grilled cheese. Low and behold, I liked them.

Half sours are fruit of the devil.

Dream
I dreamed last night that I was a pilot in a war, as well as a music therapist. A report came out that I had died in a bombing. My wife, friends, and coworkers were crushed by the news. A week later, I returned from my mission to find everyone in mourning. I had to prove I was myself. My coworkers told me of how I was missed; they had a moment of silence for me that lasted 10 minutes. My beloved Peaches clung fiercely to me telling me of her love.

I dreamed that dream over and over, focusing on different aspects of it, all night long. I did not feel stressed or upset in it or after it. It was unusual.

Asshat
My state representative is an asshat. He has been accused of domestic violence. He has had a 51-A substantiated for hitting his daughter. I have heard countless tales of how he intimidates people, propositions women, and goes to stripper bars. He is not for equal marriage. He is rude to his voters. Pretty much, an asshat.

2 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

That is an amazing dream. Want The Dream Analyzer to oracle it for you?

Hashbrown said...

Would that be you?