27 August, 2007

hats galore

Hey Friends. Here are some hats I knit. I don't remember the name of the yarn. It was on sale (are you sensing a theme in my knitting). I had two skeins of the stuff, one pink and one green. I knit all the hats on size 5.



The green hat.
This is a simple 6 month old size hat with a rolled brim and a fat i-cord top. The i-cord is about an inch long. It is a basic hat.
The pink party hat.


This pink hat is also size 6 months and has the rolled brim. I experimented with the top of this one. I knit three thin i-cords, three stitches each. I then wove the ends back through each and pulled it a little bit to create the curl. I was not sure how it would look but I think it came out pretty good.

The stripy hat.

This one is sized for an infant 0-3 months. It is the ends of the two skeins. Instead of the rolled brim, I did a garter stitch brim of 6 rows. I switched colors every eight rows. I was not sure of how it would look when finished, the mixing of the colors and the variegated yarns, but it is not half bad.


What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love everything you knit! Even the crazy yarn works because it's a cute little hat. I wouldn't recommend a cardigan for the office made out of it, but the hats are super cute. I really like the top on the "party hat". Good job experimenting!

Hashbrown said...

But JPP, I saw how much you liked the yarn the other weekend and have started a cardigan for the office for you for christmas.

Thanks for the compliment on the party hat. It did turn out the way I had hoped. I was worried when I finished knitting and had not yet done the finishing. It looked like ass then.

You should post some of your knitted and crocheted wares for your work is wonderful!

Clementine said...

I love these hats!

Hashbrown said...

Thanks Clemmy

LymeAware said...

What fun hats! I've been wanting to get into hats more lately- you're cute knits are inspiring me ;)

Love that you get your yarn on sale- that's the way to do it! I never have the foresight to catch yarn on sale.

Thanks for sharing!

desiree said...

I totally love the hats especially the pink one!

Psycho Kitty said...

I think you need to tell me how to do that! I picked up some yarn on sale with the Chica and am looking forward to knitting season (i.e., less than 100 freakin' degrees in my living room).

Hey, and tell Clementine I'm sorry I haven't emailed her back yet--I'm a chicken, no head. I will probably just call her because I am that lazy!

xo

frog said...

So cute!