31 August, 2007

Yarn Store Fun

Hester and I went to my favorite yarn store recently. We perused the sale yarns but and found some lovely yellow that will make nice lemon baby hats. Then I went and looked at the yarns in the store, looking for something that would make a pretty sweater to go over Hester's baptism gown. I settled on Debbie Bliss merino. So beautiful. Then I started looking at patterns to get an idea of how much to buy. As I looked through a Debby Bliss book, I saw the most beautiful knit white dress. Simple but lovely and perfect for Hester's baptism. I called Clementine and proposed it to her. She agreed and I got the yarn. Already, Clementine has knit the back half of the dress. I am starting the booties today and will then work on the sweater to go over the dress.


Here is Hester with a colossal pile of sale yarns!

4 comments:

Clementine said...

Dude, Hester's all about the yarn. Sweet!

LymeAware said...

Hester looks like she's in heaven- or maybe I'm projecting ;)

The baptism dress just looks wonderful. And booties sound simply adorable!

Hashbrown said...

We'll see how the booties look. Right now, they do not look like the picture.

LymeAware said...

eh...that's ok. Hester's feet will be loved either way :)