04 September, 2007

Not So Fun

Do you know what is not so fun? Going to visit the in-laws and all the extended family on that side and getting the flu, throwing up outside a McDonald's, spending a fever filled night in a hotel also throwing up, and then driving six or seven hours to get home. Good times!

One funny thing that happened. I was sleeping and having those weird fever dreams and in it I heard, "The countdown begins. 10, 9" I woke up to feel my stomach getting very queasy. Despite being awake, I heard the countdown continue. "8, 7" I broke out into a cold sweat. I knew it was coming. "6, 5" I started heading to the bathroom. "4, 3, 2" I took off my glasses and assumed the position and guess what happened on cue on 0. Yup. It was so weird I sort of chuckled in my head. It made that vomiting episode a bit more fun. You gotta look on the bright side when worshiping the porcelain god.

Another funny thing, when I first was puking, Clementine and I had the same thought. That she would be holding my hair if I had enough hair to hold. She loves me that much. Ah, the joys of marriage. Thanks Clementine! I know you got my back. I love you.

5 comments:

LymeAware said...

sheesh! What a way to encourage positive experiences and warm, fuzzy feelings with your inlaws ;) That sounds really miserable. I'm sorry!

How wonderful to have a loving wife who will hold your hair while you puke- even if the hair isn't there :)

Hashbrown said...

Funny thing, the in-laws and extended family were all inquiring about me and wanting to make sure that I was ok.

Clementine is the best! I hope your spouse would do the same, Abigail!

Clementine said...

I think this bout of flu actually scored you points with the in-laws, Hashbrown. My mom talked you up bigtime: "Oh, Hashbrown REALLY wanted to be here but she got SO SICK, poor baby!" Awesome.

I'm so sorry you were sick and I'm v. glad you're feeling a bit better. Also, I'd hold your hair any day.

Anonymous said...

Also for real, Clementine would totally hold your hair. But it's best not to have hair that's long enough to puke on, if puking must be done. Which I agree is most terrible.

I'm glad you survived!

LymeAware said...

That must have felt good. It's nice to hear from Clementine that you won points. Cool :)

And yes, David would definitely hold my hair- he's a sweetie. Thanks ;)