19 September, 2007

Visit

My brother, Snapdragon, comes today to visit for a week. I should be excited but am just feeling stretched thin. It is the first time for he and Hester to meet. He is the first of my family to meet our daughter. I should be excited but can only think of work, interns, how I want to go back to bed, the knitting I must complete for Hester's baptism, and the drive in to work. Oh, and I must pester the priest. And find the air mattress.

I am hoping to do fun things with Snapdragon and Hester and Clementine when she is not working. The Big E, southwick zoo, etc. It will be fun once I get through today.

2 comments:

LymeAware said...

I left a message on Clementine's post about this, but just wanted to let you know that I totally understand. I've had similar experiences lately, where even though I'm pretty happy to have someone visit, it's also pretty overwhelming with everything else happening. Try to be good to yourself in this and get what you need (some of which is, I'm sure to be with your brother, and some of which may be to take moments of time to yourself). Hope you have a good time :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd say remember - it's your brother. You don't have to impress him, you can just hang out. I mean I'm sure you want to and should do fun things, but also the point is just that he's here to see you guys, so try not to feel too pressured.

Have fun!