15 December, 2006

Travel Fun

So I don't know if anyone is reading this post after the last one but I thought I would share my FUN trip details.
  • I took a cab from home to the train station and he drove so SLOW! I thought I was going to miss the train. I made it to the train with three minutes to spare.
  • I sat in something not right on my seat so I had to change my pants and undies at South Station.
  • I get to the ticket counter at the airport with 45 minutes until take off. My credit card does not pull up the reservation on the e-ticket thing. I talk to the lady and she says, oh that is USAir Shuttle. They are the next counter down.
  • I go to USAir Shuttle and it does not work. Again I ask the lady and she says, Oh, that is a United flight. They are in the next terminal. Now, you must understand I have the mother of all colds with a horrific cough right now. But I booked it across the parking lot and through the terminal to C terminal.
  • I got on the plane with about 5 minutes to spare.
  • Everyone gave me dagger eyes for being the sick one on the plane. Hey, I have done it too when I sat next to sick people on planes. It also was wicked hot on each flight. But I did get to eat some delicious party snacks and watch the a movie.
  • I wait and wait for my luggage. It did not make it. I ask that kind lady at the counter and she says it is coming an hour and a half later and gives me a $10 food certificate for my wait.
  • I get to the car rental agency and they had canceled my reservation. Some how my reservation was made for 10 AM not 6 PM (which I did type in) and it was cancelled. There were no compact or economy cars so I got a Dodge Charger for almost $80 more.
  • I drove to my friend's house and was greeted by a wonderfully loving family who took great care of me.

I guess, all is well that ends well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, what the F car rental company cancels a rental car on the same day? I've never heard of that. They're supposed to keep your reservation for 24 hours. Idiots.

Clementine said...

You said "undies." Heh!

Anonymous said...

ick! We're going to travel this weekend. Your post is reminding me of the lovely little things that can make life interesting ;) Glad it came out alright.

A few months ago my mom had rented a car at the airport. Her flight was an hour and a half delayed. Budget cancelled the reservation because we were over an hour late. We couldn't believe it! Especially in an airport when delays happen all the time.