27 August, 2006

Drum Roll Please

I want first to thank everyone for their ideas and input for my name as a mother. I thought a great deal about it and really enjoyed everyone's input. I was almost going to go with Poppy but then I had a thought. I want to be identified as a mother to our child, just as Peaches will be. Although Poppy has a parental sound to it, it has male parent sound to it (the main reason I wanted it). I want people to hear our child call to me and know that is the child's mother, well one of it's mothers.

Time for the unveiling!

Henceforth, my child will call me Mumzy.

This name is within my cultural and ethnic heritage of British Canadian (my mother's side). I felt that was important to embrace as soon I will be helping my child to embrace her/his culture and ethnicity of birth as well as my own.

I also made my choice because I have an affinity for unusual letters like X, Q, and Z. Those of you who know my secret identity know I added the x that was dropped two generations ago back to my name.

Thank you everyone. Tune in next time to hear about our super weekend of home repair and moving a friend.

8 comments:

squasha said...

no WONDER you have an affinity for the letter z... you know the WONDER that is natty z. wahooo! seriously though, i think that is a wonderful name for a wonderful woman. your kid is going to be so loved.

Jess said...

congrats on picking a name. i just read your last few posts, arrived here via squasha's blog. made me homesick a little, all that boston stuff (i'm from cambridge). we don't have a subway in portland....

Psycho Kitty said...

Oh yay, that was my favorite anyway!
Dude. I just have to say, because I know you will get this: the food at Casa Bonita Sucks. Ass.
xo

Hashbrown said...

Thanks everybody!

Hey Squasha, I knew you would understand the love of the unusual letters!
Pk, really? I never ate there.

Psycho Kitty said...

?!?
Never???

Hashbrown said...

never. I have seen it many times but never stopped to eat. That bad, huh?

Clementine said...

I love Mumzy! I think it's a great name. I love you, Hashie!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Mumzy! I love it too! Can I call you that too when you get Hester Willa? Ha ha ha ha.... I'm so funny.

Now tell us about your adventurous weekend!