03 August, 2006

So Far Away From Me

Our seventh parenting class is a potluck where we can invite friends and family who will be our supports as we raise our children. There are so many people I wish I could invite who are so far away and could not attend. I would love to have my younger brother and his wife, Peaches family, my friend S and her family in Colorado, L&L in Ohio, T&R in Florida, my pseudo grandmother in Pittsburgh, Psycho Kitty, Chica, and any and all of Peaches’ friends! The world is so different from when I was young. We travel about and move so far from those we love for the careers we love or the wives/husbands/partners we love. The world is made smaller by email, blogs, phones, and letters. I feel everyone’s love and I know they feel mine. But when things like this come up, the world becomes so impossibly huge. So, to my friends, be glad you live so far away, cause you’d have to sit through three hours of Ol’ Talkie!

9 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

Dude, you know I would be there in like, 3 seconds flat.

Hashbrown said...

Girl, You don't know what you are getting into with Ol' Talkie!

Seriously, thank you so much. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends such as yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh baby, bring on Ol'Talkie! I better get my caffeine beforehand so I don't fall asleep for Ol'Talkie. Ha ha ha!

Hashbrown said...

JPP,
I am so honored that you are coming to the class with us. You are such a wonderful friend to Peaches and to me. Thanks for coming with us. It kind of gets me all misty.

Psycho Kitty said...

Oh come on. If I made it through Economy classes with ... what was his name? I can't even remember. But that, my friend, was boring. Ol'Talkie couldn't take me.

Hashbrown said...

Are you talking about the one in High School? That was boring!

Anonymous said...

Hashbrown you and Peaches are awesome! I'm glad to go!

Psycho Kitty said...

Oh yeah, the one in high school. I'm sure he kept a flask in his desk. What was his name? Dang.

squasha said...

i LOVE love LOVE your quilt project and i think it just goes to show that no matter WHERE your loved ones end up, you do have about a bajillion people who adore you both and will support you through anything! good luck with your class!!!