13 January, 2007

Announcing:

A little baby was born last night at 5:10 PM. She was 19 inches long and 7 lb 6.9 ounces. Clementine and I were honored that the mother asked us to be in the room and participate in the birth. Clementine held the mother's leg and I her head. It was so incredibly generous of the mother to have us there. She is a kind and strong woman. We are in awe!

We now wait for the parents to decide if they will terminate their rights. It is supposed to happen Tuesday. Right now, both the mother and father are indicating they will follow through with their adoption plans.

I cannot explain the flood of feelings that raced through me throughout yesterday. There was the excitement of a baby being born, there was the happiness that our dreams of a baby may have been filled, there was the amazing experience of watching a baby be born two feet from our noses, there was the happiness and thrill from the father that his baby was born and beautiful, there was the sadness from both the father and mother that they plan to not raise this child, there was the mother's excitement for us to become parents. We are a bit wiped out. When we got home, we printed out the pictures of the baby for the mother and father and Clementine sat up making the photo album for them as well as a framed picture of the baby. That Clementine is a superstar. I love her so much.

So, we are up and heading back to the hospital after we get cleaned up. I feel a trip to Starbucks in my near future. Love the lovely caffeine!!

Also, after seeing the birth up close and personal, I recommend adoption whole-heartedly.

9 comments:

art-sweet said...

I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

This is such wonderful news - congratulations all around!

I'm grinning from ear-to-ear:
Welcome, welcome, Baby Girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing that you were able to be there for the birth. I am holding my breath for all of you.

Psycho Kitty said...

I just could not be happier for you two. You are going to be such wonderful mommies!
xo

Canada said...

Huge congrats!!! And I expect some e-pics sent soon, Mumzy-to-be (Tuesday - fingers crossed!!!!!)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Pretty much ditto what everybody else said.

Love you guys!

J said...

Incredible. Congrats!!!

Poor_Statue said...

Love your comment about seeing the birth up close. So true! Ha! Congrats to all!

frog said...

Prayers and love for you and yours from all of us at the hatchery.