17 January, 2007

I am home for a moment

The baby has moved to the NICU for management of the symptoms of her medical condition we knew about before the birth. She is doing as expected, following the course of the disorder. The nurses there are very kind. Each has had listening ears for each us when it gets to be overwhelming. They gave us the direct number to the NICU and permission to call as often and when ever we want to check on her. Each kind word and act gives us such comfort.

Yesterday, I was feeling very stressed after lunch. When I got back to the unit, the nurse invited me to come sit with the baby as she slept in the NICU. Just being next to her brought so much calm to my overwrought heart.

The date of the surrender has been moved all around over the past two days. It is now rescheduled for Thursday again but that did not sound definite when I spoke with the birth family's social worker last night. A good sign is that I am going to pick up all the paperwork we have to sign today.

We have not had the time to answer the many comments, emails, and phone calls we have received over the past week. Please know we read them all, share them with each other, and feel the love from everyone. Your words make a huge difference to both of us. Please keep both families and the baby in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Canada said...

Hugs and love coming your way. I know you guys are rather busy at the moment - fingers crossed that scary social worker is at least polite today.
xo

Anonymous said...

We're continuing to keep all concerned in our prayers. Take good care of each other during this busy time - people forget to eat, hydrate, rest, pee...stuff like that, ya know?

I lit a candle for Baby online, too.

Hugs, Neasa

Clementine said...

Neasa, you're so right. I have to remind myself to eat, drink, and go to the bathroom. We're taking good care of each other and doing the best we can, but your reminder is helpful. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.

You, too, Canada! Thanks for your phone call and all the love.

squasha said...

I just read Clementine's blog... CONGRATULATIONS!!! i am so excited for you all!!! lots of love!