26 January, 2007

Suprise!

So, yeah, on my 40th birthday, I ascertained that yes, I have started to lactate. Spontaneously. No herbs or medication at all. Just my boobs and a baby. I did not even try to breast feed.

What the fuck?

I have spoken with my doctor, the lactation consultant, and the nurses at the NICU. The neonatalogist called last night to say he would write a script for a hospital grade breast pump. I am going on to the fenugreek and the rest of the herbal cocktail to produce more milk. As freaked as I have been about it, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a gift I can give my daughter.

Gotta shower and go to work.

Crazy boobs.

5 comments:

Clementine said...

I'm getting such a kick out of this. Best laid plans, right? HA! Seriously though, I'm so glad you're going to help nourish our Hester. Hooray for breast milk!

Anonymous said...

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard! Even your boobs love baby Hester.

art-sweet said...

That is so fucking cool.

Happy birthday!

Canada said...

Boobs can certainly be bizarre! But this, at least, is them ating a little unusual in a good way. A gift from the milk fairy, I guess.

Psycho Kitty said...

Psychic boobs!