14 January, 2007

Loss

As we proceed this week with all the amazing things that have happened like getting the ultrasound, watching the baby be born, and spending time with the baby, I feel the hole in my heart for my parents and siblings. When we were sending people the ultrasound pictures, I wanted so badly to send it to them as well. Each night as we send pictures to our closest friends and family, I long to send some to my parents and even my sister. Instead, I turn to my friends, especially Rae who are my family of choice. I watch Clementine talking to her parents many times each day and hear about how very excited they are for this baby. I long to have this with my family, but know the reality. So I wait until if we get custody of this baby to tell my parents about her birth. It is times like this that I miss them so much.

1 comment:

Psycho Kitty said...

I know it isn't the same, but you can call me anytime. I would love to hear about everything.
xo