23 February, 2007

Just one more snoozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze

No, no snooze for me. Come back one year!

Last night, I took the train up to see Hester. When I got there, she was sleeping so I pumped and waited for her to wake up. I got about as much as the last time. Again, the nurses were very kind and respectful of my wee little milk amount.


Clementine arrived and we waited for Hester to wake together. When she did, I got to feed her. I love holding her close and feeling her little warm body against my chest and arms. She was very calm; she ate her bottle and fell right back asleep. I knew Clementine would not be up tonight so I offered Hester to her to hold a while. It was wrenching to let go of her. I see her so little through the week. I just more time with her. But Clementine and I have wised up and no longer do we stay until 11:30 PM. She held Hester until she settled into a deep sleep and then we said our goodbyes. We were out of there by 9:30 PM and home around 10:45 PM. I skipped my final pump for an extra half hour of sleep.


This morning, I did not hit snooze despite aching to with all my being. I fed all the animals, let Clara out, pumped, got ready for work, picked out cloths for the weekend, and made it to the train on time. Wow! Even with 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. I used to struggle to get ready in an hour when all I had to do was feed the cats and shower. Now I am at work and trying to gear up for my 12 hour shift and some very intense cases.


When I stop being distracted by the pesky things of life, I know all this is worth while because I love Hester so much. She has completely transformed my life and being in ways I never thought of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet.

She's the cutest. Look how happy she is. Must be because she has two great moms.

LymeAware said...

Wow. She's really adorable. What a beautiful smile

Hashbrown said...

Thanks Ladies. She just is cuter and cuter each day.