12 February, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name

My parents shocked us by sending a gift and a note to Hester. It was a kind note and a cute white with pink trim and bunnies layette set. They even called themselves Grandma and Papa. Good signs, right. Maybe they are coming around. However, the problem is that they addressed the gift and the package to the wrong name. Henrietta not Hester*. What gives?

Clementine thinks it could be my mother being mean in a very Gemini way (Clementine is a Gemini as is my mother and she has taught me about the evil ways of the Gemini). My mother is well known for this trait. However, I am inclined to think that my mother is so very stressed out when dealing with me, she messed up the name. She makes all sorts of spelling errors when she emails me which she would never have done before (she is also very meticulous about language much like my Gemini wife). When my mother talks with me, she says some pretty crazy things that she never would have said before as well. Maybe I am just being too generous. I don't know.

Anyway, now that we have an address for them, we are sending a birth announcement and then I will send the thank you note. Perhaps they will get the incorrect name thing on their own and I don't have to actively address it.

1 comment:

Canada said...

Oh my God, and WOW!!! Fingers crossed that they finally get it. And I'll go with the wrong name thing being a mistake - you have no idea how many people have spelled Corwin's name wrong, and I have one friend who still thinks Clara's name is her middle name. Whatever!

As long as the last name was right - isn't that far more 0f an issue?