14 November, 2006

Best Laid Plans

I have been planning for at least six months to go to my brother's graduation this December. This is my brother, Snapdragon, with whom I am very close to. After working as a massage therapist for years, he decided to go back to get his pre-med bachelors degree and then to go to Chiropractor school. In Dec., he will be graduating with a double major in chemistry and biology. He has a 4.0 average. I am so proud of him!

The beauty of the trip to his graduation was that no one else in my family was planning to go. I was thrilled to share such an important day with Snapdragon without the stress of the the rest of the the Potatoheads. Snapdragon was really excited that he and his wife would have all that time to spend with me as well.

That changed the other day when I called him to chat. Evidently, my parents who earlier had said they were not going to go, are going to go to his graduation. This posed a huge dilemma. Do I go and endure their crap? Do I go visit them another time? I had to take a few days to decide.

I am going to go. After thinking and talking with Peaches, I came up with quite a few ways to limit the impact of my parents' crap. So I am making my travel plans now and will go celebrate Snapdragon's great achievement with his wife.

2 comments:

Canada said...

Good for you! I know Snapdragon and his wife will be thrilled to see you.

Psycho Kitty said...

And then you will hang out with the Chica and me. I'm glad you're coming.

Is Peaches coming, too? If it's going to be just you, do you want company?