19 April, 2006

Coffee

I love coffee in the morning. I love the first swallows of it where you feel it go all the way down to your belly, warming you as it goes. I love the taste of good coffee that is prepared right. Luckily, I am married to a former barista who knows more about coffee than I ever thought possible. And she knows how to brew it just right and how much ½ and ½ I like. No sugar for me, thank you.

I was feeling pretty crappy this morning even after my dose of Motrin and Claritin. My ankle hurt, my head was groggy, I felt tired, and my armpits hurt from the crutches. I just did not want to face the day. But as I sat here blogging, that talented former barista brought me a beautiful steaming cup of Ethiopian Sidamo. After a few drinks, I felt so much better. I actually felt like I could do the crutches again, armpit pain be damned. Coffee is the elixir of life. I bet Jesus likes it too.

7 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

As you know I am your Connection To Jesus, I can assure you that he does. Coffee and cigarettes, that's our Jesus!

muse said...

What is it with Americans and half and half? Why don't you guys use milk or cream? I always chuckle when I go to the States and I can only find little half and half containers... LOL

P.S. I'm deeply jealous at your living with a coffee expert! I should put that on my "want" list for an ideal match... :)

Hashbrown said...

I always wonder what half is what. I don't like milk because it is too thin. Especially skim. and don't even get me started on when I was all veganish and tried to do soy or rice milk in my coffee. BLECH!!!!!!!!
As for cream, lord, I can just hear my arteries clogging as i think about pouring it in my cup of coffee.

Also, It is a huge bonus to be married to one who is a fomer Starbucks Partner. Some day, I hope she blogs about the silly Starbucks terminology and philosophy.

Anonymous said...

What's the American version of the cream Canadians put in their coffee? We have light cream & heavy cream here.

Anonymous said...

Is half and half any different than light cream? Is it like somewhere between light cream and whole milk?

I don't drink coffee so I don't have to worry about such things. My drinks of choice at Starbucks are Chai latte (full dairy please) or strawberries & cream frappucino (yes, whipped cream please). Mmmmmmmm. Luckily I have maybe 1 a weekend, not 1 a day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, AJWP - please explain why, when I get unsweetened iced tea, they say "no classic" to the barista. Can't they just say "no sweetener"? I think it's crazy. Every time I happens I remember that I want to ask you, but then I forget again.

Clementine said...

I'm the bus driver and I'm taking you to school: "Classic" is classic syrup, aka simple syrup, aka sweetener. It's fancy Sbux-speak, doncha know.