13 April, 2006

Jesus is Risen

I got home from work two days ago and found an Easter card in the mail from my parents. I opened it up and my eyes were greeted with a Biblical passage about Christ rising from the grave. Below the passage, the card was simply signed “love, Mom and Dad.” Peaches was hopping mad about it and still is tonight. For once, I was not hurt or upset by their correspondence. I keep waiting for something to happen, tears, anger, something, but none of the usual responses are coming. Maybe therapy is working.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, for some reason, I'm in a stupid mood this morning and you saying Peaches was hopping mad made me giggle because of the Easter Bunny. Hopping. OK. Maybe I need more sleep. Also, Jesus has risen, Hashbrown. Praise the Lord. (I'm going to hell.)

Hashbrown said...

Jpp, you and i and peaches can share a room there!

Anonymous said...

Oh baby, absolutely. I've got a large penthouse reserved. Ha ha.

Clementine said...

Also, the last time Hashbrown set foot inside a Catholic church, there was a tornado warning and everyone had to be evacuated to the church's cellar. That's all.

Canada said...

I wish I'd thought of this sooner! Remember the e-mail video I sent you of Jesus dancing to "I WIll Survive"? Wouldn't that be fun to send to your parents?

Psycho Kitty said...

Oooh, I love that video!
And good for you, H, not to let them get a "rise" out of you.
Heh.