26 February, 2006

Felted Heart Slippers


I love to knit. This is a recent project I finished felting last night. The slipper pattern came from Knit One, Felt Two and the two hearts pattern came from Picture Knits. I made them for Peaches for Valentines Day. Do you like them?
They are pretty easy and the pattern takes me about 2 hours per slipper if I just do stripes. With the hearts, it took me about 4 hours per slipper. I used 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Lambs Pride worsted weight. The pattern calls for bulky but I did not like the colors of bulky wool at the store. So I doubled the yarn. I usually use Lopi bulky weight and it takes two skeins. Felting is fun and easy. I sent them through the washer on the extra long cycle with hot water twice. No soap for that slows the felting process.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peaches is a lucky lady to receive such a loving, thoughtful V-Day gift!

Psycho Kitty said...

ME WANT!
I will have to make some when I get a little better.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! I love them! (As I love my own lovely blue slippers... I assume Peaches made them but what do I know? Maybe Hashbrown did as you are the slipper knitting fool! Thanks to whomever!!!)

Hashbrown said...

Hey PK,
I could make you some. Your birthday is coming, at some point this year. The pattern calls for 4 double pointed needles but you can do them on a short (16") circular needle, until the end.

Hey Jenny,
Thanks so much. I believe Peaches did make your blue slippers. She does a very good job with them too. They are wicked easy and if you ever want the pattern, let us know.

Hashbrown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I would love the pattern! They are a good gift and I think it's time to pick a new gift to make for people that's not a scarf but that's also not an afghan that takes 87 skeins of yarn and costs $500 to make.

Thanks!

Hashbrown said...

Hey Jenny,
I have yet to brave making the 87 skein afgan and I too get so sick of making scarves. Back and forth back and forth for ever! Unless you use gigantic needles!! I love the gigantic needles!