27 February, 2006

New Glasses

I have had my new bifocals for over a week now. I still hate them. It is a weird thing for me because I have always loved getting new glasses. Ever since I got my first pair in 3rd grade. Despite being teased horribly at school, I was still so excited because I could see. I never knew you could see individual leaves on trees from a distance. I never knew you could see any detail in the moon; I thought it was only this silver ball in the sky. I never knew the details you could see in clouds. So getting glasses, it was a great thing. And each pair after has been good because I could see that much better again or the new frames were cool.

This time, I am really unhappy. The frames are cool but the bifocal is really hard to adjust to. Going down stairs or an escalator is the worst. Probably the escalator is the worst for me because I already have a fear of them. And it really sucks that half of my glasses vision is messed up with the up close lens. I am tripping and bumping into things a lot more and I miss seeing things on the floor. It is as if I have lost a section of my vision; I only can see through a small strip at the top of my glasses.

I am sure the age thing is bothering me a whole bunch too. Coworkers and friends have commented about getting bifocals in their mid to late forties when I told them I had to get them. I feel prematurely old. I am sure it will get better, but I still hate them. Maybe with another week, I'll like them more
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool frames, Hashbrown! So, what did you decide about the hair?

Hashbrown said...

It's blonde and short, can't you tell in the picture? My ears stick out a lot, though.

Seriously, I did not dye it. Instead I got a bit of a different cut.

Anonymous said...

Love the platinum blonde look, Miss Plean! Your nose looks a little wet though.

Clementine said...

You might hate them, but I really love them! I think you look v. cute in your new frames.

Hashbrown said...

Hey Neasa,
Thanks for wanting to link to my blog. I look forward to reading your blog, when I am not at work.