23 February, 2006

Friends

I dreamed last night of a dear friend. She hugged me and she said she loved me (DNQ). As she said the words, I could feel her love spread over me, warming me to the core of my being, spreading down from my neck, across my back, down my arms, down my legs. As I was enveloped in her love, my worries and troubles melted away and I was not alone.

When I was a child, my friends and I were always together, exploring the world and learning who we were. They were always there when I needed them most. I hope I was there for them as well. Each friend brought something so special that I cherished.

It sounds silly to say, but pushing 40 as I am, I still need my friends, maybe now more than ever. As I contemplate the inevitable cutting of all ties with my family, I know I will turn to my friends. I know I will need my friends’ love more than ever as I am faced with the hollowness where my family once lived.


It is so hard some days. So many of my good friends live so far away from me. Phone calls, emails, and letters hold us together over the long periods of time between our visits. I am blessed to have so many friends all over the country and beyond (yeah Canada). It is amazing that we maintain our strong ties over the years and miles that separate us. I know many people live their lives without such wonderful friendships as I have. I just feel so sad after that dream that I won’t see one of you and get a hug today.

4 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love you, too, Hashbrown! And I'll give you a hug on March 30 - ticket's all booked! Hugs from Canada.xo

Anonymous said...

This makes my chest hurt. We love you Hashbrown!

Clementine said...

That sounds like a beautiful dream. I hate waking up from dreams like that, don't you?