22 May, 2006

Champagne Punch

Some of you got my emails asking for champagne punch recipes for the party yesterday. I got two different recipes but for one reason or another, we could not find all of the ingredients. They say desperation is the mother of invention (or something like that) (Give me a break, it is five o'fucking clock in the fucking morning and we were up late!), so this is what I came up with.

One carton of Tropicana OJ
One bottle of Champagne
Some grenedine for color
Frozen raspberries and mango to float on top and chill the punch.
Mix and drink liberally.

That punch was the hit of the party and was delicious. It is very mimosa-ish but since it was in the punch bowl, it was called punch.

AJWP had a great time at her party and said many times how wonderful it was to not worry about a thing and just chat with her friends. Our little house was filled with friends and the party lasted about six hours. We both love that we have so many great friends who are diverse but all come together and enjoy each others company.

2 comments:

Clementine said...

It was a really wonderful day, baby. The punch was AWESOME, and I should know since I had, like, 12 cups. Thanks for making the party so wonderful for me!

Canada said...

Yum!! Will have to try that. Sounds like it was a great time :)