14 May, 2006

Post-Wedding Report

The wedding gig went well yesterday. There were a few snafus but it all turned out good in the end. The guests arrived earlier than expected and were very talkative. When I went to start the prelude music, no one could hear me. I had thought an amp would have been a good idea but the brides thought it would not be necessary. I think it was ok though because the guests were having a nice time without the prelude music.

The song that really counted was the one during the lighting of the unity candle. My wife snapped this picture then. That song went well and everyone was quietly listening. The brides where pleased with the performance which is all that matters. Many people also asked me if I play out and it was suggested I play at a local lesbian bar that features lesbian musicians weekly. Maybe I have a career in music! Oh wait, I already do.


It is always such an honor to be asked to participate in someone’s wedding. AJWP and I ended up spending the morning each with one of the brides. I went with L to her make-up and hair appointments as well as breakfast. AJWP spent the morning helping Y decorate the site. Both Y and L thanked us profusely for helping out. I think they were not just thanking us for our willingness to help them out but also for just being there to support them and share in the excitement and difficulties of the day. But I think that is just what friends do for friends.

Oh, and we did not do the Electric Slide.



7 comments:

Clementine said...

You played beautifully, lady. I was so proud of you!

Hashbrown said...

Thanks Honey. You read so eloquently and looked lovely.

Canada said...

I'm so glad it went well! (not that I doubted you'd be awesome! But I know what performance anxiety is all about)

Hashbrown said...

Thank you Canada. You are very kind.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, without the electric slide I don't think they're legally married. You'd better check on that. ;)

Clementine said...

HA! Oh, they did the electric slide with gusto! Hashie and I opted out.

Hashbrown said...

Yeah, it was fun to watch the drunk gal try to learn it, dance it, and not fall over.