21 May, 2006

Spic-n-Span

My wife's birthday is Monday and we are having a party here today for her. When planning the party, she would get all stressed out about having it at the house because of all the cleaning that has to be done before having someone over. She thought it would fall on her since she is home more than I. I told her I would take care of everything and not to worry.

It worked out well because yesterday, she and her
Psychic Twin went to have a day of beauty. I started at 11 AM and cleaned until 8:30 pm. I foolishly did some deep cleaning that had been eating at me like thoroughly cleaning the stove and scrubbing the entire kitchen floor on my hands and knees. Both look great but it ate up so much time. AJWP came home around 5 or 6 and did pitch in dusting upstairs and putting away the clothes. But she was relaxed and happy and not stressed about her party. Which makes my back ache today (from scrubbing that floor) worth it.

And the sun is out. Let's hope it stays out so we can have hot dogs on the grill as she planned! Gotta love the AJWP! She is the best.

3 comments:

muse said...

Awww, that's so sweet! Happy birthday! (p.s. I understand so well about going on a cleaning freakout before having people over... LOL)

Clementine said...

Aw, thanks! Hashie, it was a lovely party. I didn't even get stressed about the cleaning, which is a minor miracle! You took care of all the yucky details, allowing me to focus on the fun stuff (cake, food, friends). Thanks for such a great day.

Canada said...

Can you come and clean mine now? ;-)