28 May, 2006

On My List

The Dog and Cats are on my list this morning. It is our vacation. AJWP and I have not taken one for five years that did not include visiting family or house work. We have a whole week off together (which is the first time ever she and I are off for an entire week together)! So why, why, WHY I ask you, do the animals not realize that we are on vacation and that they can sleep in too? No, 5 AM the antics start. The cats purring and meowing for food. The dog jumping around and pouncing on the cats and us. The cats growling and running toward and away from the dog. The dog whining for food, to go out, for the kitties to play. And AJWP can sleep through ANYTHING except the dog barking or a bomb dropped on her head. She misses all the fun, while I am cursed by being a light sleeper. So I get up, walk the dog, feed the dog and cats, tell them all they are on my list, and bring the dictionary to them and encourage them to study the meaning of vacation before tomorrow mornings and maybe, just maybe, they will not start up the morning antics tomorrow until 8 AM.

4 comments:

Clementine said...

Poor Hashbrown! But at least you're asleep again now.

Canada said...

yeah - hahahaha. Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah. I have some Billy and Cleo stories to tell you.

Hashbrown said...

They did let us sleep in the rest of the weekend and today, so maybe it worked!