18 May, 2006

Nerd Girl Strikes Again!

Oh My GOD! I just got the proofs of my thesis from the editor of the Journal of Music Therapy! I could explode with happiness and excitement! My thesis is going to be published!!!

I know, I know, some people dream of nice cars, big weddings, children, or beautiful houses. Me, I dream of doing research. I know something in my head is just not right. But ever since I was in my undergraduate studies, I have dreamed of being a music therapy researcher. When we would read articles for class, I would look at the title pages and dream of the day my name would be there and people would cite my research. I probably should have paid more attention to the reading and less to the day dream. Oh well. Who cares now because I will be published in the journal this summer! I could do a scarf dance, I am so happy!!

3 comments:

Clementine said...

Congratulations, sweetie! That's WONDERFUL news! I can't wait to see the proofs tonight. Let's bust out the scarves and dance the night away!

Psycho Kitty said...

HUZZAH!!

Canada said...

Yay!! Congratulations! Will you autograph mine? And as for the scarf dance - it may be time for you to step away from the NER!!!!! :)