09 May, 2006

Wedding Songs

I have been practicing for playing at my friends' wedding two to four hours a day. My fingers are getting tough. The wedding is just a few days away. I am nervous about the performance. I usually get nervous before I perform which is a good sign. When I have not been nervous, I fuck it up royally.

So, here is the list. I am still finalizing the order of the songs.

La Bamba (they wanted it)
Wild Horses (ala Sundays not Rolling Stones)
At Last (Etta James)
By your Side (Sade)
Sweet Jane (ala Cowboy Junkies not Lou Reed)
La Isla Bonita (Madonna)
My Baby Just Cares for Me (Nina Simone)
Thank You (Dido)
You Dance (East Mountian South)
Maybe Tomorrow (Stereophonics)
Forever My Friend (Ray LaMontagne)
Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)
Lovesong (Cure)
Friday I'm in Love (Cure)

During their ceremony, as they light the unity candle, I will be playing "We Walk the Same Line" by Everything but the Girl. It is a pretty eclectic group of songs but I think it reflects them. I am just so honored to have been asked to play before the ceremony and then during the unity candle. I am touched L thinks so highly of my music skills.

7 comments:

Canada said...

You'll be awesome! I've heard you play and sing. They are going to have a wonderful wedding soundtrack to remember their special day.

Hashbrown said...

thanks Canada. I hope it goes well.

Clementine said...

Hey baby,

1. You have mad music skillz.
2. I've been listening to you rehearse, and you sound great.
3. Even though some of those songs make me cringe (ahem, Wild Horses), they're the songs L&Y want. It's going to be awesome.
4. Do you think I still fit into my dress? I'm scared to try it on.

I love you!
Peaches

Psycho Kitty said...

What? No BMW? If I ever get hitched again, promise you'll come play BMW.

Hashbrown said...

What group is BMW? Am I really dense or still without coffee?

Psycho Kitty said...

Black Magic Woman!!!!
I'm going to presume that it's a need for caffeine and not that you just dismissed our *entire conversation*. :)

Hashbrown said...

Oh yeah. Silly me.