26 June, 2006

Strawberry Picking

We went strawberry picking at our very favorite U-Pick, Tougas Family Farm. It was a perfect day for it. The weather was cool and the sun was behind the clouds. The rain from earlier in th day had stopped. AJWP and I always enjoy such dorky activities. So now, we have a huge flat of beautiful strawberries in our kitchen awaiting jam making, freezing, and eating. There was a little stress on both our parts, worrying about strawberries falling out of the flat and staining our the trunk of our new car, but luckily, that did not happen. I cannot wait for AJWP to make her delicious Strawberry Glace Pie! It is SO GOOD!!!! You should come over and try a slice! You'll LOVE it. I cannot wait!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! One of my favorite things from childhood was going strawberry picking with my mom and little brothers when we were all pretty small.

But another lovely strawberry time was when we lived in our house on Mt. Zion Road in PA... it came with a pre-planted section of the garden full of strawberry plants. My mom could go out there days in a row and fill a giant 10-quart pot with strawberries. We had them coming out our ears - it was fantastic.

Clementine said...

I think we ended up with about 10 quarts on Saturday. Tonight is the canning; I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to eating homemade strawberry jam all winter! Yummo.

Canada said...

So when's the pie date? It sounds delicious! (post some pics of your "strawberry fields".