25 July, 2006

I thought you did it

Last night, my lovely wife took me out to one of our favorite restaurants, Cedar Street Restaurant, to celebrate the publication of my first research article. For those of you who are interested in it’s name, it is called “The Effects of Music Therapy on Pediatric Burn Patients’ Pain and Anxiety During a Donor Site Dressing Change.” A real page turner, for sure! It is really a catchy title that screams out “READ ME!!!” Not.

Anyway, during dinner, we were remembering all her sacrifices when I first wrote the manuscript when it was my thesis. As you may know, I have dyslexia and cannot spell nor do I have great grammar. AJWP was my tireless editor throughout my master’s coursework. So, the night I turned in my thesis, I had to wake her at 3 AM to do the final proofing. To lighten the mood a bit, at the end of the paper, I wrote “The End, Love Hashbrown.*” AJWP laughed and thought I would take it out before I emailed it to my professor. I thought AJWP had taken it out when she read it. As soon as AJWP finished proofing it, I emailed it to my professor. Two days later, in Wal-Mart, of all places, I brought it up and we both had a good laugh. Then we realized “The End, Love Hashbrown” was still in the manuscript when I sent it to my professor. As soon as I got home, I fixed the document and emailed it to my professor, stating I found one last error I wanted to fix. Luckily, she never saw the ending.

The moral of the story is make sure your silly joke is taken out of your thesis before you send it in.

The End, Love Hasbrown.

5 comments:

Psycho Kitty said...

Oh nooooo...

Clementine said...

Oh YES! It was awesome.

Anonymous said...

That is most awesome. Didn't we have some similar close calls in college? Not a choice!

Canada said...

That's flippin' hilarious!!

Clementine said...

Also, how much do I love the Cedar Street Restaurant? I love it so much I got West Nile and Triple E from it. It's worth it for their arugula salad, baby. Oh yeah, and the company wasn't bad, either!