31 July, 2006

The Great Cup Race

I have been trying a few different period products over the past couple of months, the Diva Cup and the Keeper. Below, you will find the list what I liked and did not like about each. If you feel uneasy with frank talk of periods and privates, you may want to pass on this entry.

  1. I liked that the Diva Cup came with a cute pin that you can wear to announce to the world that you are having your cycle and using your earth friendly product.
  2. The Diva Cup was pleasantly translucent. The Keeper is an ugly brown color.
  3. The Diva Cup has measurements marked on it so you can see just how much you are flowing in fluid ounces. Very interesting.
  4. Both come with cute cloth bags to carry them about with you.
  5. Both are environmentally friendly by reducing the waste you generate with your period.
  6. Both are safer than tampons.
  7. The Keeper’s handle (the piece of rubber that hangs down from the cup that you grab to withdraw from your vagina) is smooth, long, and comfortable.
  8. The Diva Cup’s handle has ridges that are handy for grasping purposes but are not comfortable and rubbed me a bit raw where you don’t want to be raw. You know what I am saying?
  9. The Diva Cup’s sizing criteria was based on age and childbirth experiences. This was not good for me for it said I needed the big one. I bought the big one and really tried for days to adjust to it but it was not happening. If I was still a virgin before the Diva Cup, I am not one now. Oooooh!!! Really, they should have a special clause for those of us who have not expanded our nether regions from birth, sex with men, large dildos, fisting, etc.
  10. The Keeper’s sizing criteria is not based on age but more on what your vagina has been up to. With their sizing criteria, I qualified for the smaller size which really suits me better!

And the Winner is …… The Keeper. Sorry Diva Cup fans.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, before I even read this... you said "privates". Heh-heh.

Hashbrown said...

Well, I was looking for aliteration to go with period and privates was the best word I could come up with. There were 2 others but neither seemed right.

Clementine said...

I know. I noticed "privates" too. That's awesome!

And also, I love your product review. But now I kinda wanna get the smaller Diva Cup, but I don't want to waste money. I know you can send it back if you're unhappy, but doesn't that seem kinda nasty?

OOH, I hope you're wearing your pin today for our MAPP class!

Hashbrown said...

Drat, I forgot it. Bummer. That would make the class extra special.

it does seem kind of nasty but we could try, i guess.

Anonymous said...

Also you ladies just crack me up. Your blogs are all about periods these days. ;)

Anyway, your review was indeed very interesting Hashbrown, but when I hear The Keeper I think AJWP knows what unfortunate incident it reminds me of!

Clementine said...

OH YES! And our blogs are all about the red tide these days because WE are all about the red tide these days.

Sea sponge, anyone?

Hashbrown said...

Yes, I am aware of the unfortunate incident. Very funny. It made me not want to try or like the Keeper but, alas, it was the superior product for me.

Raise the Red Flag over our house! We are cycling together!
"Together forever and never to part, together forever we bleed!"

Psycho Kitty said...

Snort. So the Keeper's a keeper, eh?
I can't believe none of you went for that.
And you should totally send it back if they say you can. I mean, c'mon, dough is dough.

Hashbrown said...

Good one, PK.