26 March, 2006

40 by 40

Peaches was telling me the other night about her new list, 30 by 30. She suggested I develop my own list of 40 by 40. I thought it could be fun and am starting the list. I haven't gotten far for much of my brain is being occupied by two upcoming conference presentations. This is what I have so far:

  1. Knit another sweater for myself
  2. Write the manuscript with Peaches based on a presentation we did together
  3. Start riding my bike to and from the train
  4. Start walking from the commuter rail to work instead of taking the Red Line
  5. Decide what to do about my family
  6. Make my hospital a national registry internship site for music therapy students
  7. Start up a Stitch and Bitch
  8. Stay at that hotel in the Poconos that has that hot tub shaped like a glass of champagne
  9. submit the proposal to the YWCA
  10. Start a web page or some form of advertising for our knitting business, Haughty Hausfrau
  11. Go to the Botanical Garden
  12. Visit my pseudo-grandmother
  13. Go to the beach at least 7 times this summer
  14. Go to the Smithsonian
  15. Try 10 new BBQ recipes on our new grill this summer
  16. Go on another whale watch
  17. Tour the Harbor Islands

I am still working on it and all of these are subject to change. I was hoping to put in some imaginative ideas. That banner birthday is 10 months away. So, dear readers (even you lurkers), what would be on your list or what would you recommend. When I get the list finalized, I will post it.

6 comments:

Canada said...

Ahem. . . I truly think that visiting Canada's National Capitol Region should definitely be on that list!!! (there's the Tulip Festival in May, the beautiful fall coulours in Gatineau Park in October. . .many times to chose from). That would be my humble opinion ;-) Of course, dancing at conference should also be included!

Hashbrown said...

I danced last time remember? The snake dance???

Clementine said...

Hey, I finally posted my thirty before thirty list. Good times!

muse said...

- See Antonia's Line (great flick!):
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/antonias_line/

- Go to a geeky convention of some sort (sci-fi, comics, etc.)

- Bake some complicated fancy dessert, eat it all with the wife (no sharing with others! LOL)

- Buy yourself an extravagant flower bouquet for no reason

- Get a manicure/pedicure/massage if you've never had one

- Volunteer one day for some cause or another (suggestions: www.volunteermatch.org, http://www.usafreedomcorps.gov/)

- Make a new friend (not just a friendly acquaintance)

- Hug a big old tree

- Have a junk party (everyone brings old things that they don't want and gets to pick "treasures" from each other's unwanted stuff, the rest goes to charity - can be fun with clothes or various other things)

...ack, must stop to work! LOL

Anonymous said...

I adore this list idea and am going to make one myself...thanks.
Okay my two cents idea is-take $40 on or near your birthday and randomly give it out to individuals you see that could use it........
Lola :) aka a friend and neighbour of Canada

Psycho Kitty said...

Go to Napa with your two fellow old-lady friends...