16 March, 2006

Train Toilets

Peaches and I are trying to increase our water intake. We decided to drink 4-16oz. glasses of water each day. I end up needing to drink 2-3 glasses in the evening because I forget to drink throughout the day. I am then up 2-3 times in the night peeing. It would be better to space it out throughout the day but I don’t want to drink a lot before getting on the train. Train bathrooms are not so great. They are usually dirty, smelly, and the door sometimes does not close all the way. The worst was one day when I had to go but there was no bathroom car on the train and there was an hour left in the ride.

Yesterday morning, I was sleeping and awoke to an automated announcement that was being broadcast throughout the train. “Passenger requests assistance in the bathroom on car 192.” In my sleepy haze, I pondered first, how embarrassing that must be for the entire train to know that you need assistance from the conductor in the train bathroom. Next, why would you call for assistance from the conductor? I need more toilet paper! Sorry, I clogged toilet. Do you have a tampon? I can’t get this fucking door to close! I've fallen and I can't get up! The possibilities boggle the sleepy mind.

7 comments:

Clementine said...

Ooh, that's bad. Who has it worse in that scenario, the passenger or the conductor?

Hashbrown said...

Oh god, the poor conductor, thinking his/her job is about collecting tickets, chewing out those who jump on or off moving trains, and booting rude people suddenly has to assist someone in the restroom. Not what they signed up for!

Hashbrown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clementine said...

Also, let's not forget how I did myself an injury on our new "diet." My stomach hurt so much last night!

Hashbrown said...

Yeah, I remember.

Clementine said...

I'm doing better today, though.

Anonymous said...

This is a real real shame. I think it's worse to be the person though. Please, let me never be a person requesting assistance in a bathroom. That's all I can say.