07 March, 2006

Commuting Hell

The train-ride home today really sucked. The subway was delayed so I got to the station just in the nick of time to catch the train home. I did not have time to even pee, which I really had to do. So I got on and thought I would walk through the train to the car with the bathroom. But no, it was packed and multiple people were standing in the isle. So I thought, ‘I’ll listen to NPR’ but found my radio battery was dead. I did not have a book and knitting while standing on the train without falling when the train jerks is nearly impossible. So I played inane games on my cell phone. Then a man taps me on the bum (?!?) and asks me to remove my backpack. Evidently, it was bothering him. It did not help that my foot hurt with each of the hurky jerky train movements. I finally got a seat almost after an hour on the train. When I got to Worcester, I finally peed in the station restroom. I am thrilled at the fact that I get to repeat this fantastic experience again and again. *


* Note the sarcasm in my typing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is horrible! Poor Hashbrown!!! I hope today is better.

Clementine said...

He tapped you on the ass?

Hashbrown said...

Yes, yes he did. I forgot to tell you that part of my lovely trip. And Jenny pp, today is better because I am driving.