25 March, 2006

Junk E-mail

My parents have not spoken to me since my brother’s wedding last July. They sent cards at Christmas and my birthday, with maybe 8 words written in them. Tonight, I check my email and I get some freaking forward from them about how great America is and how awful Muslims are for not seeing our greatness. What a fucking load of crap!!! I hate shit like that. I want to puke and scream all at once! However, Peaches is sleeping in the next room and it would be a horrible way to wake her up, so instead, I decided to blog.

You want to see a depiction of my mother? Watch “TransAmerica” (it is a great movie with excellent acting and a brave script). Brie’s mother reminded me so much of my mother, the lack of respect, the inability to see what her child is, and the way she turned everything to be an affront to her. My mother just wears more beige colors and she has yet to have a redeeming scene where she is supportive to me.

I just do not understand how my parents can turn their backs on me, their own child. How can they think it is ok to send me some patriotic “USA is the best” bullshit email when they could hardly talk to me the last time they saw me? But like Brie said in the movie, they don’t see me and they don’t respect me.

4 comments:

Clementine said...

TransAmerica was so good. I, too, was shocked by how closely Bree's mom's issues match your own mom's issues. Your mom's not as flamboyant as Bree's mom, but she's no less nasty.

Hashbrown said...

And you would know.

Canada said...

I just don't get it. I don't understand how anyone can treat a person so terribly, let alone how a parent can do that to their own child. Whatever happened to unconditional love? It totally pisses me off. (and that doesn't even get into the racisit issues that you also talked about). Hashbrown, are you sure you came from the same potato as your parents? I'm sorry that they suck SO badly, but I'm very happy that you had a great visit with your brother, Snapdragon, and that you and Peaches are your own awesome family now. Hester is going to be a damn lucky baby!!!! (whenever he/she gets here)

Psycho Kitty said...

Sigh. Lots of hugs.