23 March, 2006

I shake my little thing on the cat walk

I made this hat for a baby, any baby. Just about every woman under the age of 40 is pregnant at work so I am making lots of baby hats. So it was yarn I got for $1 at my favorite yarn store, The Snow Goose. It is an acrylic but did not have a label so I don't know who makes it. It is soft and variegated. It is probably double knit size. I knit it on size 6 needles. I decreased once every three or four rows. It did not turn out the way I wanted. I need to work on the pattern; I made it up as I went. Reuben is my model. Doesn't he do a great job on the cat walk?

4 comments:

Clementine said...

I LOVE this photo of Mr. Baby! He's so stylish. I really like that hat, too--it's v. elfin.

Canada said...

Cool hat! Reuben is the only cat I know who'd enjoy this sort of medelling gig (I know, there are others at Stuff on my Cat). And I love Right Said Fred!

Anonymous said...

Reuben is also the only cat I know or have ever known that would put up with this. He is very patient. Emily's eyes woud pop out of her head if I put a hat on it.

Hashbrown said...

The hat is ok but not a cool as the one I did a few years ago with the orange varigated yarn that went to a point but folded over like a Mr. Sandman hat. This one looks like a funnel gone bad.