15 March, 2006

Oh Dear!

Oh, blog, I have neglected you all week. I am so sorry. You see, I am preparing to speak at two conferences, back to back. I have been under an avalanche of scholarly articles. Sadly, the two talks are on very different topics so I cannot just prepare one and give it twice.

The first is the regional music therapy conference starts on Friday, March 31st. That one ends Sunday and the next day, I fly out to the burn conference. Peaches and our pup are going with me to the music therapy conference, located at the Four Points Sheraton. She gets a mini break filled with plenty of pool time, lounging, reading, and shopping. I get to go to meetings and lectures.

The burn conference is being held Caesers Palace in Las Vegas. I was a bit late doing my reservation and the rooms were all taken so I am staying at Paris. I am so excited to go and see the crazy opulence of the resorts. But I am sad that Peaches can only go to the one at the Sheraton. I am sure it will be nice but look at the pools of the three hotels: Caesers, and Paris, and the Sheraton. Which is better for a mini break? There really is no comparison between the conference locations.

Well, I best get back to work.

2 comments:

Clementine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clementine said...

Oh no. You never should have posted those pictures--now I'm so jealous of you! I want to swim in the gorgeous Caesar pools! I want to make like a topless Parisian and sunbathe by the Seine! Instead, I'll be wiping noses and butts here in frosty New England. SIGH.